Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Week 6: Reflection

The material for this week

Engaging Student

The first, I am going to remind you again that I am teaching in large class. Each semester I teach 10 classes with 40s students. Seeing the number of students in each class, in this semester I prefer PowerPoint to Blogs or Email or other dealing with internet connection to engage the students. I know that PowerPoint has weakness as well as the strength. Based on my experience, the students felt like watching television during the class. Some of them were happy and some were not. In this case, it might be caused by the slide that I created was not good. It was text only. It seemed that it was not cooperative/interactive learning anymore. However after reading the material that posted on this week. I get some knowledge/experiences as the way of teaching in large class by having PPts. In this case, I have to find out/create the best PPts for my class by adding some games, quiz, movie, etc.

The second, I am going to use Blog and Email to engage the student if the internet connection works in my place. I am sure the teaching and learning is going to run well. In this way, they will have some resources in doing their projects and make them easier to get and understand everything.

Regarding with the technique, I usually do the following activity.
1. Pre-questioning. Here, the teacher gives some questions dealing with the topic discussion. It is a kind of stimulation for them before going to the topic.
2. Discussion. The students have small discussion and I as a teacher become moderator.
3. Post activity. I ask the students to do some tasks to evaluate how well they understand the lesson.




PowerPoint


I tried to made PowerPoint when I thought teaching Media in my classes. After reading the material from some experts on this week, I thought that I got many ways in creating interactive PowerPoint particularly in large class as mine. I am going to create the newest PowerPoint in my class for the future meetings by putting some games, quiz, movies, and colorful pictures to make them interested to joint the class. In the other hand, everything that I get on this week will become good reference and will be applied on the next class meeting. Here we go. 


https://sites.google.com/site/webskillswikifall2012courtney/interactive-ppt




Best regards


Muhamad suhaili


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Muhamad.

    Do you actually teach 10 classes with over 40 students each???? Oh, my goodness. I have never heard of such a teaching load. I respect you so much that you have time for doing your classes and trying to develop professional as well by taking this course. I know you must be so busy! Good luck with the juggling act!

    I liked the PPT that you did for the assignment this week. It was detailed and incorporated a lot of what we learned in class this week. I guess the readings about teaching large classes were timely for you!

    Keep up the good work, and remember to get some rest too!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muhamad,

    It must be a daunting task to teach not only the large number of students you have in a class, but as many classes as you have! Kudos to you for all of your hard work!

    The week 6 resources offered an abundance of strategies and approaches to use in managing large classes and I hope that by employing some of these, your job can become a little easier. It sounds like you are already incorporating some tools to help you manage.

    Great weekly reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy sir....
    My name: sulastri
    Nim: 12411064
    Class : B

    All students... off course, need the dutty. And i like ppt... hope you can give our interesting media. Nice to meet in B class sir....

    ReplyDelete